KMTC – Nakuru Campus is situated in a serene environment along Crescent Road, Milimani Estate, about one kilometer north of Nakuru town in Nakuru County. KMTC Nakuru is constructed on a 52.6-acre piece of land which is shared with Nakuru County Teaching and Referral Hospital.
Programmes and Courses currently offered: –
- Diploma in Clinical Medicine and Surgery
- Diploma in Nursing
- Diploma in Medical Laboratory Sciences
- Diploma in Environmental Health Science
- Diploma in Pharmacy
- Diploma in Nutrition and Dietetics
- Diploma in Physiotherapy
- Diploma in Health Records and Information Technology
- Diploma in Medical Imaging Sciences
- Higher Diploma in Clinical medicine – Anesthesia
- Higher Diploma in Nephrology Nursing
- Upgrading Diploma Nursing
- Upgrading Diploma Health Records and Information Technology
- Transport systems
The Campus has adequate means of transport for both staff and students: a 51-seater bus, a 29-seater minibus and a double cabin pickup truck.
The Campus has a well-equipped modern library, which can accommodate up to 300 students, with a wide range of textbooks and other learning materials. It is also equipped with computers and internet connection to enable students conduct research and access online reference materials.
- Computer Lab
The Campus has a fully equipped computer lab with strong internet connection for use by students pursuing courses within the campus.
- Classrooms and staff offices
Nakuru Campus has enough classrooms for all departments. In addition, it has two well-furnished lecture theaters. There are other additional classrooms inside the Nakuru County Teaching and Referral Hospital that are used by Physiotherapy and Medical Imaging Sciences departments. There are enough staff offices for lecturers and non-teaching staff.
- Students’ hostel and staff quarters
The Campus has four hostel blocks for male students with a bed capacity of 507 and six female hostel blocks with bed capacity of 484 students. We also have 69 staff houses within the Campus to make sure our students can conveniently access them for academic improvement.
Currently, the Campus has a student population of 1,530 comprising of pre-service, upgrading diploma and post-basic students.
Clinical Experience Sites
Nakuru County Teaching and Referral Hospital is the primary clinical site used by students for their practical skills.
Clubs, Societies and Sports
The Campus has the following clubs:
- Christian Union (CU)
- Young Christian Society (YCS)
- Muslim group
- Youth friendly Centre
- Conscious youth
- Seventh day Adventist
- Environment club
- Music festival and culture club
- HIV/AIDS /Champions group
Sports at the Campus include: –
- Football both men and ladies
- Volleyball both men and ladies
- Indoor games
- Basket ball
- Handball both men and ladies
Campus Contact information
KMTC Nakuru Campus
P.O. BOX 110-20100