The campus was started in March 2011 with the first class of 50 Kenya Registered Community Health Nursing students. The campus is situated on a four acre piece of land donated by Bungoma County Hospital at the junction of Bungoma-Kanduyi Road opposite the airstrip and Marell Academy.
The campus offers Kenya Registered Community Health Nursing.
There are plans to start upgrading in Paediatric nursing and Health Promotion.
Mode of learning:
The college offers full time learning from 8 am to 5 pm using modern methods of teaching that will keep you interested and focused.
The students get the practical experiences from the Bungoma County Hospital which offers a variety of exciting experiences in MCH/FP, inpatient/outpatient care, laboratory, pharmacy and other diagnostic procedures.
The college boasts of the following-:
- Administration block with well furnished welcoming offices, staff room and a small but well stocked library
- 1 tuition block with 2 lecture halls wand a skills lab with modern mannequins that provide opportunity to master nursing and medical skills
- 1 incomplete block of six lecture halls with only one that is complete and in use.
- Internet connectivity with unlimited access
- A team of competent staff that will help you meet your objectives at the college
CLUBS and SPORTS
Some of the clubs that we have in the college include a very active Christian union, YCS, and Muslim club. We’re also very active in sports such as badminton, lawn tennis, volleyball, football, rugby, netball and athletics which the college has competes up to the national level and also has facilities for the same.
CLINICAL EXPERIENCE CENTERS
Our students attend their clinical experience at Bungoma County Referral Hospital which is just less than 1 km away from the college.
(i)Rural Health Experience
Some of the Health centers they practice include-: Mechimeru, Khuyangu, Bumula, Bokoli, Nambale
(ii)District Health experiences
Some of the hospitals they go for practice include-: Kakamega, Migori, Homabay, Vihiga, Kisii, Kericho, Kitale, Siaya
Some of the hospitals they go for practice include-: Nakuru, PortReitz, Kakamega, Kisumu
KMTC Bungoma Campus
P.O. BOX 54 – 50200