KMTC Chwele campus officially opened its doors for admission of the Pioneer class in the Faculty of Research and Information, Department of Health Records and Information on 23rd September 2014 for a Certificate Program with 101 students
It is situated on a 29½ acre land which was procured by the Constituency Development Fund by the then area Member of Parliament Hon. Moses Wetangula and constructed by the Iranian Government at a cost of Kshs. 90 million.
KMTC Chwele Campus is located in Bungoma County, Kabuchai Constituency, off Bungoma/ Kimilili junction South of Sichei Mixed Boys and Girls Secondary School.
The campus currently offers two courses. A certificate in health records and information technology and an Up-grading Diploma in Health Records and Information Technology, a two year program which allows for students who have done the certificate course to upgrade to a diploma.
Practical placements are conducted at the various County teaching and referral hospitals throughout the country.
In the coming academic year, we are expecting to expand and offer more programs like
- Certificate/ Diploma in Nutrition and
- Kenya Registered Community Health Nurse
Additional programs will follow thereafter.
Currently the college has;
- Four (4) lecture rooms which can accommodate over 80 students each
- One (1) lecture hall,
- One (1) computer laboratory fully installed with internet connectivity,
- A resource center (library) equipped with the latest reading materials
- Wi-fi connectivity throughout the campus
- Modern Hostel Accommodation
At KMTC we encourage the Physical health of our staff and students. Chwele campus will be hosting the 2018 2019 KMTC Zone 8 sports in April, 2018.