- Eldoret Campus is in Uasin-Gishu County situated in Eldoret town next to Moi Teaching & Referral Hospital.
- It was established in 1977 as a school of nursing with an intake of 25 students per class training Kenya enrolled community health nursing.
- In 1987 Hospital Maintaince School was established with the aid of Austria and German Governments and Ministry of Health. The population per intake was 12 students per class offering certificate course.
- By 1991- School of nursing was upgraded to train Kenya Registered Community Health Nursing with an intake of 30 students per class and training Certificate was stopped.
- In 1996- Nursing and hospital Maintance Schools were merged to form the current Eldoret Medical Training Centre.
- September 2003 Certificate course in Medical Engineering was upgraded to diploma with an increased number of intakes from 12 to 25 students per class.
- Diploma course in Clinical Medicine was started with an intake of 50 students per class the same year 2003.
- Higher National Diploma in Anaesthesia course was started in 2006 with intake of 10 students.
- In-service Medical Engineering was started in March 2014 with intake of 35 students.
|Medical Imaging Sciences||88|
We also have a staff population of 76 who facilitate teaching and learning and other supportive activities under the able leadership of Mr. David Yator Toroitich.
The campus offers the following courses:
- Medical Engineering (Pre-service and Upgrading)
- Clinical Medicine (Pre-service) & Higher National Diploma in Anesthesia,
- Medical Imaging Science.
The college plans to increase the number of courses to march with the rich experience of the Referral Hospital.
Mode of Learning
The well-equipped library and computer lab provides unlimited access for both students and staff to adequate learning materials. You will receive high class training from faculty members with knowledge dedication to make your dreams come true.
The skills lab is equipped with life like models to provide you with opportunity to freely master skills before visiting clinical area to deal with real patients.
We are proud of our competent lecturers, IT officers, librarian, skills lab attendant who are readily available for the special needs of our customers.
The facilities available in our institution include spacious classrooms, computer and skills laboratories, library, dinning and hostels.
Clubs & Sports
Eldoret MTC is a centre of athletics and you will enjoy the variety of sports offered such Netball, Football, Rugby, Hockey, Basketball, Darts, indoor games etc.
There is also an active and dedicated students’ representative council which represents students’ grievances to the Administration. We have also clubs which advocates behavioural change among the students in and outside the campus like Students Team of Counsellors and Educators who also deal with Alcohol and Drug Abuse and Prevention. This has assisted many students with drug abuse problems.
The college also has encouraged and supported religious groups to nourish spiritual needs.
Housing & Dinning
Eldoret MTC has a hostel capacity of 250 and student can get accommodation in nearby affordable hostels.
We have a dining hall which offers cafeteria services with nutritious high quality meals at affordable prices and is operational even during weekends.
Clinical Experience centres
MTC Eldoret is privileged to be in close proximity to Moi Teaching & Referral Hospital which ensures that our students get the much needed top class competent skills since it uses the modern technologies in provision of health care. Other areas used for clinical experiences include Huruma Sub District Hospital, Uasin Gishu District Hospital, Rural Health Facilities like Turbo, Mosoriot and Burnt Forest and many others outside the county.
KMTC Eldoret Campus
P.O. Box 520,