Kitui Campus was established in the year 2004. In September the same year, the first intake of Diploma in Kenya Registered Community Health Nursing (KRCHN) reported to the college. The class had 40 students who formed the pioneer class for the campus.
The campus has experienced exponential growth since then with other courses being introduced over the years.
KMTC Kitui campus is the Centre of Excellence in Family Planning and Reproductive Health.
Kitui Campus is 1Km from Kitui town and is located along the Hospital road next to Kitui County Referral Hospital.
The environment is very conducive for learning which makes the college excel academically. In addition the college has well qualified lecturers in all the departments.
The Campus offers the following courses:
- Diploma in Kenya Registered Community Health Nursing (KRCHN)
- Certificate Course in Community Health Nursing (ECN)
- Diploma in Medical Laboratory Sciences
- Diploma Clinical Medicine and Surgery
- Diploma in Environmental Health Sciences
- Certificate in Health Records Information and Technology.
- Diploma in Health Records and information Science (upgrading)
- Certificate in Environmental Health Sciences.
- Diploma in Environmental Health Sciences (upgrading)
Mode of Learning
- Full time – From 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Part time – Weekends for Health Records and Information Upgrading class.
- Practicals – Students do their practicals in the Skills laboratory and in the Computer laboratories.
Resources and Facilities
- Computer laboratory:
The College has two computer laboratories, one with 15 desktop computers with support from USAID Capacity Kenya Project and also the. The computers are connected to the internet by a Local Area Network at 2 MBPS.
The second computer laboratory was funded by JHPIEGO the Center of Excellency in phlebotomy (Safe blood specimen processing) and it has 26 computers which are wirelessly connected to the internet.
- Demonstration laboratory.
A state of the Art Medical Science Laboratory used by students during their practical sessions
The campus has a modern refurbished skills laboratory used for demonstration of various procedures.
It has humanistic models and various equipments and was originally supported by VVO skills lab project.
The lab helps to equip students with the right skills and attitude as they prepare to take care of the actual clients.
The college has a modern administration block which houses offices for various heads of section, library and conference hall.
The library is in new administration block. It is spacious and well equipped.
Transport of students on official academic activities is done by college bus.
The college has a power backup generator for use during electrical blackouts.