KMTC Molo campus establishment was spearheaded by the KMTC Board of Management led by Former Board Chairman Professor Kaloki and then Board Vice Chairman Dr. Eng. Muthoga.
Member of Parliament, Molo Constituency (2015-2017) Hon. Jacob Macharia took took up the mantle and worked hard to ensure that the dream of the KMTC and the people of Molo was realised.
Molo Sub – County Hospital Management offered a piece of its 3 ½ acres land on which the campus would be established.
The National Government through the Molo Constituency Development Fund availed funds for construction of the campus which commenced in February 2017.
Phase one of 8 classrooms and lecturers’ offices was completed and occupied in February, 2018.
KMTC Molo Campus admitted the Pioneer Nutrition and Dietetics students in March 2016.The student population has steadily grown from the initial population of 37 to the current 156.
Corporate Social Responsibility
In an endeavor to give back to the community, the following are some of the activities students and staff at the Campus have carried out:
- Guidance and counseling services at Ngala Secondary School for the Deaf.
- Assisting needy families by contributing essential commodities.
- Assisting A.I.C Molo Children’s’ home by:
– Cleaning the compound.
– Helping with cooking
– Washing the children
– Teaching Sunday school.
The following groups and individuals have been instrumental in ensuring that the campus gets to where it is today:
- Nakuru County –Health department
- National Government CDF
- Deputy County Commissioners’ office
- Area Member of Parliament
- National Bank of Kenya
- Kenya Cooperative Bank
- Equity Bank
- Family Bank
- Post Bank
- Molo Community Leaders
- Disabled Persons Representative
- Principal and Staff of Ngala Secondary School of the Deaf.
- C.K Molo Church Management.
- I.C. Molo Branch Management.
- Kenya Red Cross.
- Molo Sub County Hospital
- Egerton University
- Diploma in Nutrition and Dietetics
- Certificate in Health Promotion for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing (to commence in March 2018).
- Diploma in Health Promotion to commence in September 2018.
Clinical experience sites
- Molo Sub county Hospital
- KMTC Nakuru
- Egerton University
- Elburgon Health Centre
- Molo Community e.g Market, Farms e.t.c
Well equipped classrooms are available at the campus
The newly constructed KMTC Molo campus has enabled us have a Library space.
The library is scheduled to be stocked with new books every quarter in addition to the books received from the KMTC Headquarters.
Student Representative Council
Students elect the leaders they want to represent them for a whole year through a democratic process.
These student leaders include:
- A Chairman
- A secretary General
- Treasurer among others
Other student leaders include the following:
- Class representatives male and female for each
- Religious groups
- Ambassadors for Quality Health
- Nyumba Kumi leaders.