KMTC Nairobi Campus is the largest KMTC Campus in terms of student and staff population as well as number of programs. Nairobi Campus has been a campus on its own since the year 2004. The campus shares its compound with the KMTC Headquarters. It is situated along old Mbagathi Road, some 3km from Nairobi’s CBD.
Currently the college has a population of 4,500 comprising of pre-service and post basic students. The total population of staff working in Nairobi Campus is 400 which comprises of both teaching and non teaching staff
The Campus has a total of eighteen (18) Departments with more than 60 courses offered. The programs are accredited by the various regulatory bodies such as the Nursing Council of Kenya, Clinical Officers Council, Kenya Medical Laboratory Technicians and Technologist Board to name a few.
The campus is also the centre of excellence in phlebotomy (obtaining blood from a vein for transfusion or medical testing)
The courses offered are:-
- Certificate in Orthopedic Plaster Technology
- Certificate in Medical Engineering (Pre – Service and Upgrading)
- Certificate in Health Records and Information Technology
- Diploma in Clinical Medicine
- Diploma in Nursing
- Diploma in Medical Laboratory Sciences
- Diploma in Medical Imaging Sciences
- Diploma in Community Oral Health
- Diploma in Nutrition
- Diploma in Environmental Health Sciences
- Diploma in Health Education and Promotion
- Diploma in Pharmacy
- Diploma in Physiotherapy
- Diploma in Occupational Therapy
- Diploma in Orthopedic Technology
- Diploma in Orthopedic & Trauma Medicine
- Diploma in Dental Technology
- Diploma in Medical Engineering (Pre-Service and Upgrading)
- Diploma in Optometry
- Diploma in Health Records and Information
Higher National Diploma
- Higher Diploma in Pediatrics
- Higher Diploma in Reproductive Health
- Higher Diploma in Anesthesia
- Higher Diploma in Ophthalmology
- Higher Diploma in Lung and Skin
- Higher Diploma in ENT
- Higher Diploma in Critical Care Nursing
- Higher Diploma in Ophthalmic Nursing
- Higher Diploma in Peri-Operative Nursing
- Higher Diploma in Community HIV / IDS
- Higher Diploma in Microbiology
- Higher Diploma in Blood Transfusion Sciences
- Higher Diploma in Histopathology / Cytology
- Higher Diploma in Haematology
- Higher Diploma in Clinical Chemistry
- Higher Diploma in Virology
- Higher Diploma in Radiography / Therapy
- Higher Diploma in Ultra Sound
- Higher Diploma in Environmental Health Sciences
- Higher Diploma in Epidemiology
- Higher Diploma in Orthopedic Manual Therapy
- Higher Diploma in Neurorehabilitation
- Higher Diploma in Medical Engineering
- Upgrading Diploma in Nursing
- Upgrading Diploma in Nutrition
- Upgrading diploma in Health Records and Information
- E-Learning Upgrading Diploma in Health Records and Information
Lecture theatres, classrooms and an assembly hall
Nairobi campus is home to an array of classrooms and lecture theaters to accommodate the large number of courses offered at the campus. In addition, there is a large capacity assembly hall where students gather for public lectures from renowned experts in various subjects from all over the world.
The hall is also available for hire to organizations.
The campus has several well equipped labs that enhance students training. They include: Pharmacy lab, Medical Laboratory Sciences lab and Environmental Health Services lab
Workshops where students carry out their practicals include: Medical Engineering workshop, orthopedic workshop and Dental Technology workshop.
Physiotherapy students have access to a fully equipped gym at the campus for their practicals.
Skills lab allows our students to gain critical skills before they go out to offer services to the public. At Nairobi campus, fully equipped skills labs for use by Nursing, Clinical Medicine and Medical Imaging Sciences are available.
The department of Occupational Therapy at the campus has a well equipped demonstration room where their students acquire critical skills.
The campus library is housed in the resource centre and is currently well equipped with the required books, furniture, computers and high speed internet. It also has an electric security facility to control use of books. Library Management System has been installed to improve services and access up to date information by library users.
The library committee chaired by the Deputy Principal actively keeps our library well stocked.
Fully equipped computer labs are available for use by Health Records and Information, Medical Imaging Sciences and Environmental Health Sciences students.
Staff & Students Health Services (Clinic)
The campus runs a clinic, which provides medical Health services to KMTC students, staff and members of the public. The clinic also carries out immunization exercises mainly targeting students.
A functioning fleet is critical in our endeavor to provide clinical / practical exposure to our students. The department has large capacity buses (62 seaters), mini buses, a van and double cabin pickup for transporting staff and students to various attachment sites within Nairobi County.
Catering Department Nairobi Campus operates on a Pay as You Eat system (PAYE). The department also provides catering services to external organizations when they hire college venues on request. The department operates a cafeteria (Sandwich room) which sells lunch to members of staff and general members of public.
On request, the department also provides services to sponsored students whereby the donor pays directly to the college.
A number of students are provided with subsidized accommodation within the college premises but these hostel rooms are limited. The female students are hosted at Mary Griffins (MG) complex while the male students are housed at Kanu and Soweto Hostels. Hilton Hostel accommodates Lecturers, workshop participants, post-basic students and foreign students while on training at a slightly higher rate than the others.