Brief history of the Campus:
KMTC Nyahururu campus was established in May 2016 with as an initiative of the Laikipia County Government, Nyahururu County Referral Hospital administration and the KMTC Board of Management.
The campus was started with an objective of addressing the current critical staffing shortage in the Health facilities in the County.
It is located at Nyahururu County Referral Hospital – Laikipia County.
- Diploma in Health Promotion
Start Nursing Course, infrastructure for program is already in place
Mode of Learning:
Classes run on weekdays from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm
- Modes of learning include problem based learning, visual/observation, collaborative learning, classical conditioning, operant conditioning and auditory learning.
- Teaching methods used includes; discussion method, lecture, demonstration, group work, self-directed learning, assignments and presentations.
Clinical experience sites
- Nyahururu County Referral Hospital
- Other County health facilities.
- Clubs and Sports:
- The active clubs in the Campus and what they are involved in;
- Christian Union/YCS/SDA
- Sports in the campus and the facilities available for these sports
- Volleyball – ladies & gentlemen
- Football – gentlemen
2. Housing & Dining:
- Hostel facilities and their capacity – Private hostel
- Students reside outside campus
- Plans to build more hostels – Yes
3. Clinical Experience Centres:
- Which are (and Proximity to the campus):
- Nyahururu County Referral Hospital – Adjacent to the college
- Karandi/Ng’arua Health Centre – 40km
- Rusugua/Karuga Dispensary – 3-4km
- Kinamba Health Centre – 55km
- Oljabet Health Centre – 35km
- Maina Health Centre – 20km
KMTC Nyahururu Campus
P.O. BOX 1037 – 20300