KMTC Nyamira opened its doors for its first group of students in March 2012 for Diploma in Community Health Nursing.
KMTC Nyamira is located in Nyamira County, within Nyamira County Hospital staff quarters. It is 0.5Km from County Headquarters and 0.1Km off Nyamira – Nyamaiya road. It lies within a five (5) acre land donated by the hospital.
The college has a student population of three hundred and thirty two (332).
It offers Diploma in Community Health Nursing. Other programs in process at proposal level include;
- Diploma in Clinical Medicine and Surgery.
- Diploma in Medical Health Records and Information.
- Post Basic Diploma in Pediatric Nursing.
Mode of Learning
The college trains students in Diploma in Community Health Nursing a program that is run on full time basis from 8.00 am to 4.00 pm from Monday to Friday.
The college has the following facilities;
- Administration block which accommodates the principal’s office, accounts and registry.
- Ablutions block which is within the tuition block.
- Pit latrines
- Two fields for netball and volley ball
Include the following health facilities;
- Nyamira County Hospital
- Kericho County Hospital
- Masimba Sub-County Hospital
- Gesusu Sub-County Hospital
- Nyamaiya Sub-County Hospital
Clubs and Sports
The college has the following clubs;
- Christian Union.
- Seventh Day Adventist Union (S D A)
- Muslin Union.
The sports include;
- Football – men and ladies
- Volleyball – men and ladies
- Netball ladies
- Rugby – men
- Indoor games
Housing and Dining
A hostel facility with a capacity of one hundred and sixty (160) students is available at the campus. The college has no immediate plans to build additional hostels.
Dining– The College has provision for dining facility which operates throughout the week.
The following meals are provided:
- Lunch – steamed rice, chapati and beans, potatoes.
- Dinner – ugali, sukuma wiki and meat
Clinical Experience Centres
- Nyamira County Hospital.
- Kericho County Hospital which is 32 kilometres away.
- Masimba Sub-County Hospital – 30 kilometres away.
- Gesusu Sub-County Hospital – 30 kilometres away.
KMTC Nyamira Campus
P.O. Box 574 -40500
Tel: 0734596693 / 0719115521