Ugenya campus was established through an initiative of the Ugenya Constituency Development Fund.
The campus opened its doors to the first class of 47 students in September 2016 to pursue a certificate in health records and information technology. This is a two year course and which means the pioneer class will be sitting for their final examination in June 2018.
The Campus is located in Ugenya Sub County, East Ugenya Location in Siaya county about 10 kilometres off the Kisumu -Busia High way. The campus sits on a 5 acre piece of land.
The campus currently only has one course:
- Certificate in Health Records and Information.
This is a two year course that has been structured in four semesters that comprise of theory in class followed by practicals in clinical area.
Students are taught theory in class for one semester which is followed by clinical experience in various government hospitals within the country.
Other courses are projected to be introduced as the campus grows.
- A computer laboratory where students gain IT skills which are a key component of the training.
- Boarding facilities for both male and female students within the campus premises.
- Catering services where students get their meals at an affordable rate
Clubs and societies
It is our strong belief that students should be all rounded and not excel just in academics. Towards this several clubs and societies that students can become part of while at the campus exist.
- Students Representative Council
- Wild life club
- Christian Union,
- Seventh day Adventists,
- games and sports,
- Entertainment groups among others.
Sports are one of the major non academic activity in which students engage in. This not only ensures all rounded growth but allows the students from various backgrounds to interact away from the class room setting.