Kenya Medical Training College (KMTC)Bomet Campus was started in September 2013. The Campus is located within Longisamarket adjacent to Longisa level 5 County Referral Hospital in Bomet County.Admission is done twice a year, in March and September.
Programmes and Courses currently offered: –
- Diploma Kenya Registered Community Health Nursing
- Diploma in Clinical Medicine and Surgery
- Certificate Kenya Enrolled Community Health Nursing
- Certificate in Medical Engineering
The Campus plans to introduce the following programmes in the near future:
- Higher Diploma in Anaesthesia
- Diploma in Optometry
- Diploma in Pharmacy.
- Fully equipped skills laboratory
- Fully equipped administrative and staff offices
- ICT infrastructure with modern computers, all connected to the internet
- WI-FI network is available 24 /7 to enable students conduct research and online studies.
- Modern teaching technologies
- Fully equipped library with latest books and is located in a serene environment.
- Well- equipped hotels with WIFI.
The student’s population is 750 with the number expected to go higher in the next intake.
Clinical training sites
The students use Longisa Level 5 County Referral Hospital which is adjacent to the Campus and Rural Health facilities within and outside the Bomet County for their clinical experience. Other clinical areas include:
- Narok County Referral Hospital
- Ndanai Sub-County Hospital
- Sigor Sub-County Hospital
- Cheptalal Sub County Hospital
- Kapkoros Health Center
- Shongiroi Health Center
- Sotik Health Center
- MogogosiekHealth Center
- Londiani Sub- County Hospital
- Ole-nguruoneSub-County Hospital
- Songok Sub- County Hospital
- Nandi hills Sub-County Hospital
Clubs,Societies and Sports
- Seventh Day Adventist
- Christian union
- Environmental club among others
- Sporting activities are available and our students participate from Zonal to National levels of sports competition. The Campus has won several Gold, Silver and Bronze in ball games and athletics.
Campus Contact Information:-
KMTC Bomet Campus
P.O. BOX 76-20402
Tel: 020-2008531 /020-2008532