Kenya Medical Training College (KMTC) Karuri Campus is located in Karuri Ward, Kiambaa Sub-County of Kiambu County, about 24 kilometres from Nairobi City. It is accessed through Limuru Road via UNEP Headquarters of Gigiri.
Karuri Campus was started in 1963 as a rural training facility offering courses in Nursing, Food Sciences and Inspection. The Campus started training of students in 2009 with Environmental Health Science (EHS) Upgrading students.
Programmes and Courses currently offered: –
- Diploma in Environmental Health Sciences
- Diploma in Medical Social Work Pre-service
- Upgrading Diploma in Environmental Health Sciences
- Certificate in Environmental Health Sciences Pre-service
- Well-stocked library
- Well-equipped computer lab
- Well-quipped skills laboratory
- Lecture Halls
- Hostel block
- Sanitation facilities
- Reliable supply of water and electricity
Population of students
It has a current population of 260 students.
Clinical experience sites
Our environmental health students go for clinical placement at the Public Health Departments in the Counties across the country while Medical Social worker students are placed in major hospitals in the country for their clinical experience.
Clubs, societies and sports
- Christian Union
- Seventh Day Adventist
- Young Muslim Students
- Catholic Action
- Environmental Club
- Chess club
- Outdoor and indoor games
Campus Contact Information: –
KMTC Karuri Campus
P.O Box 765-00219