Kenya Medical Training College (KMTC) Lugari Campus was established through a community initiative led by area MP Hon. Ayub Savula supported by the KMTC Board of Directors in 2014. Situated in Mautuma Sub- County, Lugari Constituency in Kakamega County, Lugari Campus opened its doors to its first group of students in September 2016.
Lugari Campus operates in two sites: at the Mautuma Sub- County Hospital and the former District Commissioner’s Headquarters.
Programmes and Courses currently offered:
- Diploma in Health Promotion.
- Certificate in Health Records and Information
- Diploma in Nursing
- Diploma in Clinical Medicine and Surgery
- Fully equipped computer lab with sitting capacity of 35 students.
- Fully equipped skills lab.
- Plenty of water supply.
- A storied modern administration block, that will house classrooms and library.
- Procure a bus and utility vehicle.
The current student population is 123 students and this number is expected to increase in the next intake.
Clinical experience Sites
All County and Sub-County hospitals across the Country
Clubs, Societies and Sports
- Christian Union
- Young Catholic students
- Seventh Day Adventists
- Volley Ball
- Short put
- High and Long jump
Campus Contact Information:
KMTC Lugari Campus
P. O. BOX 156 – 30106