KMTC Makueni Campus started in March 2014 through the support of the KMTC Board of Directors and the Makueni County Government. It is located in Wote town in Makueni County, 72 km from Machakos town and 72 km from Makindu town on the Nairobi – Mombasa high way.
The Campus is adjacent to Makueni County Teaching and Referral Hospital which serves as the practical site for the students. The Campus occupies the former District Commissioner’s offices and the multipurpose farmers’ centre, which were renovated to accommodate students.
Programmes and Courses currently offered
- Diploma in Kenya Registered Community Health Nursing (KRCHN)
- Diploma in Nutrition and Dietetics (upgrading)
- Certificate in Nutrition and Dietetics
The Campus plans to start the following four other programs:
- Environmental Health Sciences,
- Clinical Medicine,
- Medical Engineering and
- Health Records and Information Technology.
- Dining hall
- Kitchen store
- 8 classrooms capacity of 50 students.
- Skillslab classroom
- Computer room.
Student Population: –
The current number of students is 409 and is expected to increase in the next intake.
Clinical experience sites: –
- Makueni County Referral Hospital
- Makindu Sub County Hospital
- Kibwezi Sub County Hospitals
- Tawa Sub County Hospitals
- Mbooni Sub County Hospital
- Sultan Hamud Sub County Hospital
- Mbumbuni Sub County Hospital and
- Mtito Andei Health Centre.
Clubs, societies and sports
Students participate in various clubs and societies activities in addition to sports and community service.
Campus contact information: –
KMTC Makueni Campus
P. O. BOX 198-90300