Located in Molo town adjacent to Molo Sub County Hospital, Kenya Medical training College (KMTC) Molo Campus was opened in March 2016 offering Diploma in Nutrition and Dietetics with an aim of developing it to be a Centre of Excellence in Nutrition and Dietetics.
The Campus pioneered a two-year certificate program in Health Promotion for the Deaf for post-secondary school students and a short course – Certificate in Sign Language for Health Workers and other stakeholders. It is also developing to be a Centre for special programs for persons with hearing impairment. Plans are underway to commence more medical programs in support of Universal Health Coverage.
The Nutrition and Dietetics program is planning to start a course that will help the Molo community and beyond in prevention as well as management of communicable and non-communicable diseases or conditions.
Programmes and Courses currently offered
- Certificate in Health promotion for the Deaf
- Certificate in Sign Language for health workers
- Diploma in Nutrition and Dietetics
- World class teaching faculty
- Adequate facilities for teaching and practical experiences.
- Hostel facilities available for the students.
- Library with internet connection and Food laboratory for nutrition demonstrations.
Currently, the Campus has a total of 165 students with the number expected to increase in the next intake.
- Nakuru County Teaching and Referral Hospital
- Moi Teaching and Referral Hospital
- Kenyatta National Hospital
- Molo Sub County Hospital
- Jaramogi Oginga Odinga Teaching and Referral Hospital
- Egerton University Lab and food processing plants
Clubs, societies and sports
- Students Representative Council
- Christian union
- Seventh Day Adventist
- Young Christian Society
- Young Muslim Association
- Ambassadors for Quality Health
- Kenya Red Cross.
- Community Social activities.
Campus contact information
KMTC Molo Campus
P.O BOX 426-20106,
Email address: email@example.com