Kenya Medical Training College (KMTC) Mwingi Campus was started in September 2015 as a collaboration between the KMTC Board of Directors, the County Government of Kitui, Mwingi Level 4 Hospital and other stakeholders. It was officially opened by H.E. the President of the Republic of Kenya Hon. Uhuru Kenyatta on June 11, 2016.
The Campus is situated one kilometer off Mwingi – Garissa road, along Mwingi – Nzeluni road next to Mwingi Level 4 Hospital, beside a rock that creates a cool and conducive environment for learning and a fascinating view for natives and visitors.
Programmes and Courses currently offered
- Diploma in Nursing
- Diploma in Clinical Medicine
The Campus plans to start the following courses:
- Diploma in Pharmacy
- Short course – HIC testing (HT)
- Well-furnished classrooms
- A fully equipped skills lab
- Well stocked library with adequate medical books for staff and students
- Administration block
The current population is 435 students with the number expected to increase in the next intake.
Clinical Experience sites
- Mwingi level IV Hospital
- Migwani Hospital
- Tseikuru Hospital
- Kyuso Hospital
- Ngomeni Health centre
- Waita Health centre
- Nguni Health centre
- Kitui County Referral Hospital
Clubs, Societies and sports
- Christian Union (CU)
- Young Christian Society (YCS)
- Seventh Day Adventist SDA
- SWAGA which deal HIV and behavioral change.
- The students participate in sports activities such as athletics, jumps, throws and indoors games.
Campus contact information: –
KMTC MWINGI -CAMPUS
P.O. Box 232- 90400