Kenya Medical Training College (KMTC) Nyahururu Campus is situated within Laikipia County Referral Hospital, in Nyahururu town. It was established in May 2016 as an initiative of KMTC Board of Directors, Laikipia County Government and the Laikipia County Referral Hospital.
Established with an objective of addressing the critical staffing shortage in the health facilities in the County, it started training Diploma in Health Education and Promotion in May 2016 with a class of 18 students. In the 2017/2018 academic year, it started expanding its infrastructure and in 2019, it opened its doors to two other programs: Diploma in Nursing and Diploma in Clinical Medicine and Surgery.
Programmes and Courses currently offered:-
- Diploma in Kenya Registered Community Health Nursing
- Diploma in Clinical Medicine & Surgery
- Diploma in Health Education & Promotion
- Newly constructed classrooms and ablution block
- Renovated classrooms and offices
- A well-stocked library
- A Computer Lab
- A bus
- Construction of a storied tuition block and administration block is underway.
With the new programmes and the next intake, the student population is expected to increase to more than 200.
Clinical Experience Sites
- Nyahururu County Referral Hospital.
- JM Kariuki Hospital – Olkalou, Nyandarua County.
- Gilgil Hospital – for Psychiatric Nursing Experience
- Nyeri County Referral Hospital – Psychiatric Nursing Experience
- Ngarua Health Centre.
- Ndindika Health Centre.
- Rumuruti Health Centre
- Subukia Health Centre
- Ndaragwa Health Centre
- Baari and Kasuku Health Centres
Club, Societies and Sports
There are active clubs in the Campus that include:
- Christian Union,
- Young Christian Association,
- Seventh Day Adventist,
- Muslim Association
Our students participate in the following sports: –
- Volleyball both men and women,
- Football both men and women and
Campus contact information: –
The P r i n c i p a l
KMTC Nyahururu Campus
P.O. Box 1037-20300,