KMTC Siaya Campus is situated in Siaya County, Siaya town, next to Siaya County and Referral Hospital within Siaya Central Business District (CBD), about 70 km from Kisumu City. Siaya Campus started in September 2005 with a class of 66 students in the Department of Clinical Medicine. In March 2006, a class of 50 students for Diploma in Community Health Nursing was admitted. The Campus expanded in March 2008 following the admission of a certificate class in Health Records and Information Technology.
In September 2011, another Diploma Nursing class was admitted, bringing to two the number of nursing classes at the Campus. During the same period, two courses were introduced namely: Diploma in Health Records and Information Technology and an upgrading class of Diploma in Health Records and Information Technology.
Programmes and Courses currently offered
- Diploma in Clinical Medicine
- Diploma in Community Health Nursing
- Diploma in Health Records Pre-Service
- Diploma in Health Records In-Service
- Certificate in Health Records
The current student population is at 934.
- Administration block
- Internet connectivity.
- Library – well equipped with modern books and journals for students and lecturers’ reference.
- Computer lab.
- Well-equipped Skills lab
- Student center and common room
- A standby generator which are critical during power blackouts, ensuring continuity of learning.
- A bore hole ensuring constant supply of water to our students.
- The Campus has a hostel block for students’ accommodation. Plans are underway to build more hostels so that more students are accommodated within the Campus.
Clinical experience sites
The Campus is next to Siaya County and Referral Hospital where our students get their clinical experiences. We also take our students for rural experiences and use the neighboring counties like Bukura H/C in Kakamega, Busia County and Referral Hospital, Alupe, Kocholia, Vihiga, among others.
Clubs, societies and sports
The Campus has several clubs and associations which play a big role in moulding and keeping our students busy. They include:
- Seventh Day Adventist
- Christian Union
- Young Catholic Students
- Muslim Association
- Presidential Award
The religious groups are very vibrant and nourish the spiritual needs of our students.
The Campus has playgrounds for: –
- Football – we have a modern football field which is used by both male and female students.
- Netball – we have two fields for netball.
- Volleyball – we have two fields. One for ladies and one for men.
- Basketball – we have two courts for both men and women.
- Handball – we have two courts for both men and women.
- Hockey – we have one hockey field.
- Rugby – we have one field.
- Badminton – we have one court.
- Lawn tennis – we have one field.
- Indoor games: draughts, darts, scrabble, table tennis, chase, taekwondo etc.
Campus contact information: –
KMTC Siaya Campus
P.O. Box 465 – 40600,