KMTC Taveta Campus is situated in a serene environment conducive for learning in Taveta Constituency, Taita Taveta County at the Kenya-Tanzania border. Taveta Campus is set to admit pioneer students in September 2019 in the Department of Health Promotion and Community Health. The pioneer students will undertake a six-month short course in Community Health and Development and a Certificate course for Community Health Assistants (CHA). This will mark the achievement of a major milestone for a Campus established to expand training opportunities for health care professionals. The Campus is a flagship project of National Government – Constituency Development Fund, Taveta, which has immensely supported the development of its infrastructure. The Campus will play a major role in the training of health workers, who will be key to the realization of Universal Health Coverage (UHC).
Programmes and Courses to offered
- Certificate in Community Health Assistants
- Community Health and Development (a six-month course)
The Campus has the following facilities:
- Modern and spacious classrooms.
- A library, well equipped with the required medical text books for various medical courses.
- Modern staff offices and kitchen.
- Adequate clean sanitary facilities and constant supply of water.
Clinical Experience Sites
The primary health facility for training for the student is Moi Voi County Referral Hospital.
Other facilities are:-
- Taveta Sub-County Hospital
- Njukini Health Centre
- Rekeke Health Centre
- Ndilidau Dispensary
- Kitobo Dispensary
Clubs, Societies and sports
The students will be actively involved in various clubs, societies and sporting activities for their extracurricular activities.
Structures are also in place for the Campus to start the following clubs:
- Christian Union (CU)
- Young Christian Society (YCS)
- Seventh Day Adventist SDA
Campus contact information: –
KMTC Taveta Campus
P.O. Box 300 – 80302
Tel : 0703175257