Ugenya Campus is located in East Ugenya Location, Ugenya Sub County, in Siaya County about 10 kilometres off the Kisumu – Busia highway. The Campus sits on a five-acre piece of land and was established through an initiative of the KMTC Board of Directors and Ugenya Constituency Development Fund.
The Campus opened its doors to the first class of 47 students in September 2016 pursuing a Certificate course in Health Records and Information Technology. The pioneer class graduated in December 2018.
Programmes and Courses currently offered:-
- Diploma in Health Records and Information Technology (HRIT) – Upgrading from certificate to Diploma.
- Certificate in Health Records and Information Technology.
- A computer laboratory where students conduct research and gain IT skills which are a key component of training.
- Accommodation facilities for both male and female students within the Campus premises.
- Catering services where students get quality meals at an affordable rate.
- A well-equipped skills lab
Clinical Experience Sites
Our students to public hospitals, sub- county level hospitals and referral hospitals within and all over the country for clinical experience.
Clubs, societies and sports
It is our strong belief that students should be all rounded and not only excel in academics. Therefore, we have several clubs and societies available for students while at the Campus, including:
- Wild life club
- Christian Union
- Muslim Group
- Catholic Action
- Seventh Day Adventists
- Entertainment groups among others.
Sports is one of the major extra-curricular activities in which students engage in. This not only ensures all rounded growth but allows the students from various backgrounds to interact away from the class-room setting.
Campus Contact Information: –
KMTC Ugenya Campus
P.O. Box 13-40614