Vihiga Campus opened its doors in September 2013, admitting Diploma students in Community Health Nursing. The Campus is situated at Mbale Rural Health Training Centre in Vihiga County along the Kisumu – Kakamega highway. The Campus has consistently excelled in the College Final Qualifying Examination and has since qualified five classes.
Programmes and courses currently offered:-
- Diploma in Community Health Nursing
- A well-equipped library with current textbooks and reference materials.
- A well-equipped skills lab.
- A well-equipped computer labs connected to internet to facilitate students learning and research work.
- The Campus has full time internet connectivity.
Currently, the Campus has a student population of 336.
Clinical experience sites
Our students practice and gain experience in the following health facilities:
- Vihiga County Referral Hospital
- Kakamega County Referral Hospital
- Sabatia Sub-County Hospital
- Jumuia Kaimosi Hospital
- Mathari National Teaching and Referral Hospital psychiatric units
- Mbale Health Centre
- Bushiri Health Centre
- Bukura Health Centre
- Makunga Health Centre
- Kilingili Health Center
Clubs, societies and sports
The following religious groups are available for students include:
- Christian Union
- Catholic Action
- Muslim Group
- Seventh Day Adventist
Vihiga Campus excels in extracurricular activities having won the ladies handball at KMTC national championships three consecutive times. We also perform well in indoor games especially in badminton, scrabble and darts.
Campus contact information: –
KMTC Vihiga Campus
P.O Box 1111-50300