The first medical training college to be established in Taita -Taveta County, KMTC Voi Campus opened its doors in 2016. It is situated one kilometer from Voi town off Mombasa- Nairobi highway on a 5.9 acre land. The Campus is also two kilometers away from the famous Standard Gauge Railway Voi station, making it easily accessible.
The Campus is projected to expand in the coming years due to availability of space and support from the College and its partners.
Programmes and Courses currently offered:-
- Diploma in Clinical Medicine and Surgery.
- Diploma in Community Health Nursing.
- Certificate in Health Records and Information Technology.
There are plans to introduce more new courses in future.
The Campus also has the following:
- Modern state-of-the-art equipment in our skills lab enabling us offer quality training for nursing and clinical medicine students, who are the primary users of the lab.
- Modern and spacious classrooms which are well lit and ventilated.
- A library with a seating capacity of 200 students, well equipped with the required medical text books for various medical courses.
- Modern staff offices and kitchen.
- Adequate clean sanitary facilities and constant supply of water.
- The expansive availability of land provides the Campus with a great opportunity to expand horizontally and vertically.
- Campus bus.
- Security of students, staff and their property within and around the Campus vicinity is adequately provided.
- There are accommodation facilities for both male and female students. We also have dining facilities that provide quality meals for our students.
The Campus has a population of over 170 students, and with more expected to report after admission, this number is likely to go higher.
Clinical experience sites
The Campus enjoys a cordial relationship with clinical experience sites within and outside the County, including Voi Sub-County Hospital, who have committed and experienced clinical instructors and mentors.
Clubs, Societies and sports
The students are actively involved in various clubs, societies and sporting activities for their extracurricular, and have participated up to national level.
Campus Contact Information
KMTC Voi Campus
P.O. Box 18-80300